JellyPages.com
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker>

Sunday, October 25, 2009

All alone

I, Adam, am all alone in our house:(. Amber is visiting her mom and dad in Vancouver, WA. Today is her dad's birthday. It was also the wedding day of her cousin. I have been coping well. I have had a homework assignment since Monday. It is called a "stretch". A "stretch" is something that makes you uncomfortable to do. For example, I scratch a lot, so yesterday my stretch was to not scratch at all. It was very difficult, but everytime I started to scratch I told myself that I wasn't allowed to scratch. That happened about 15-20 times. I continued the "stretch" today, but it does not count toward my homework; the homework requires a different "stretch" every day. Last night I tried my hand at making homemade pizza with a better homes cookbook's help. The dough turned out great. I like tomato sauce so I put 16 oz on the 16" pizza. I think it was a litttle to much sauce. Other than that it turned out okay. I also put three slices of pizza in the freezer for me and Amber to share when she gets back on Thursday. I did the Wii Fit Plus all this week, too. I am still liking it, but probably a little bit less than last week. The coolest thing I have done this past week was the lengthening of a lamp's power cord. I cut a cord from a broken lamp, and I then spliced the two cords together to make an ~11' cord.

Amber and I have been reading scriptures together at nightime, so we have been doing that over the phone for the past few nights, and then praying together. We miss each other. Amber is keeping her stomach fuller so as to not feel nauseated. It has worked pretty well for her. We are still very excited to be becoming parents.

I went hometeaching tonight with a new convert to the church. It was cool. He liked it, and his children liked seeing that he was going hometeaching. I think it really affected him and his family. I am thankful for that. He is a very nice man, and it is not because he gave me orange slices. It is because he just has a special spirit, and you can tell he loves his wife. That is what I think is really important.

1 comment:

  1. wow a whole week! congrats adam! The stretch assignment sounds interesting. i think my stretch would be to exercise at least once every day...hard to find the time and the weather has been raining here...or read my scriptures daily. I've missed that one for awhile. I'm glad to hear about the things you're doing. i hope you both continue to write on your blog. love you!

    ReplyDelete