JellyPages.com
www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker>

Sunday, October 3, 2010

September

From Amber:

September was a very busy month. School started at the end of August for both of us. Even though I'm teaching the same grade, there is always something new going on. The begining of this year has felt more exhausting than any other. And it's not just having Abigail either, although that is part of it as I cannot stay late at work as I used to. The girls I have this year are very different than the ones I taught last year. They are a lot sweeter, and more innocent. More like little girls should be. But they are incredibly low accademically. This is the lowest class I've had in the 6 years I've been in Vegas. It is going to be a trying year.

My mom came to visit us in early September. She stayed for 10 days. She was a great help. She watched Abigail for us while I was at work and Adam at school. Adam used this time to observe OTs so he can finish his application to grad school.

Abby had a good month. Her teething increased, which mostly included more drooling and a need to chew, chew, and chew. She had fun playing with Grandma and missed her when she was gone.

We spent several weekends in September looking at houses with Adam's mom (and mine while she was in town). We would like to move, but it is all very difficult with the housing market the way it is in Las Vegas. This area is one of the worst hit in the country. This means that home prices are very low, but it also means that everything is a short sale or foreclosure. We also cannot sale our condo because it is only worth about $24000, and we owe a lot more than that.

Overall September was a good month. Just very busy and a bit stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment